Listers Group – Another £225 is required to complete the water project and £570 to have electricity brought to th...
A good news story: Tadge Sabatowski, who works in our Masons road Stratford-upon-Avon PDI (pre-delivery inspection) centre, has recently returned to Listers after a seven month break to travel around the world with his wife, Sue. During their time in Tanzania, they spent three weeks volunteering at an orphanage with underprivileged children, and have returned committed to fundraising for the orphanage, which is in the process of registering a primary school to enable the children to stay in familiar surroundings, in small classes with people they know. Part of the requirement for the registration of a primary school is the provision of water and electricity on-site - currently challenging. 50% of the funds for drilling a bore hole for water were raised by generous donations from family and friends, but this work has now stopped as there are no more funds available. Another £225 is required to complete the water project and £570 to have electricity brought to the site. Raising funds for the water and electricity are an urgent priority, so any donations will be gratefully received. In addition, the main source of income for the orphanage is sponsorship of the children’s education. The hope is to have a sponsor for each child over the age of three. lf you would be prepared to donate any amount to either of the projects outlined here, or would consider the more long-term commitment of sponsoring a child throughout their education, then please contact Tadge on 07561597557, or alternatively email Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for reading Sue and Tadge’s story.
Various featured images
1. Tadge and Sue with Jenifa, the Director. Tadge is wearing the Maasai Shuka presented at the end of their time at the orphanage.
2. With the children at their ‘leaving party’. They made the children peanut butter and jam sandwiches which they had with watermelon and oranges. Not a scrap was left!
3. Jenifa with the primary classroom ready to go. Desks and chairs provided by other volunteers.
4. The children they were working with – age 5/6.
5. Tadge and friend.
Bottom row – left to right:
1. Washing their hands – water brought from a nearby well
2. Tadge with a football... play equipment donated by previous volunteers
3. Tadge and Sue with Sharon, who we are sponsoring
4. Tadge and Sue with Jenifa outside the orphanage building
5. General view of the building