• What’s your name?
• How long have you been trading on the market?
• Tell us a bit about your stall?
So me and me family, we farm in the Ribble Valley. We have a wholesale business as well. All the cattle we purchase are locally sourced from all local auctions. I have the upper hand ‘cause I get to hand select all my carcasses every morning, getting exactly what I need for the counter.
• What do you like about the market environment?
Its a good atmosphere, all the stall holders are a family down here, it’s a good buzz, it’s a good laugh!
• What makes you tick as a trader?
I’m just passionate about meat and obviously selling quality to customers. Trying to educate ‘em on what to use for themselves for a healthier lifestyle, rather than buying processed food. Educating people how they can eat cheaper but better.
• Do you have any stories from trading on the market?
Not yet, I’m just always busy with me head down!
• How do you see the future of your business?
Our online side is growing, like we said we deliver nationwide from London up to Scotland. We now have wholesale onboard as well, so we supply restaurants and the Blackburn Rovers first team and academy down at Brockhall. Again, I think it’s if you do your job right, it talks for itself doesn’t it.